ASHRAE Suggests Introducing HEPA Filters to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 in ClassroomsBrian
All over the country schools and universities are re-opening their doors to teachers, staff, and students – and whether they like it or not, the coronavirus.
As we continue to learn about the different ways SARS-CoV2 can be transmitted, indoor air quality has become a major topic of conversation. While the CDC recommends social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands many experts agree that this is just the first of a multi-layer approach to keeping schools safe.
It is the position of ASHRAE that “the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 through the air is sufficiently likely” and suggests that “changes to building operations, including the operation of
heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems, can reduce airborne exposures.”
Every facility will have its own unique set of challenges to overcome based on systems, and equipment but as a baseline, ASHRAE suggests;
- Replacing filters with MERV 13 or higher wherever possible and
- Introducing portable HEPA filtration units if MERV filters cannot be installed.
If your building or classroom is in need of a portable certified HEPA filtration unit, look no further than the AIRBOX Peak Series-S. Measuring in at just 13” x 13 ½ ” x 27 ¾ ” and under 45 lbs, the Peak Series-S is categorically the most effective and efficient Air Purifier on the market.
The Peak Series-S provides over 25,500 Cubic feet per hour of Antimicrobial, Chemical, and certified HEPA Filtration with the standard filter stack which includes;
- An Activated Carbon/Odor Shield filter for removing Chemicals, VOC’s, bio effluents and other objectionable odors,
- An Antimicrobial filter which meets all published hospital filter efficiency guidelines and is treated with an EPA registered antimicrobial agent that provides 24/7 product protection, and
- A certified HEPA filter which is 99.97% effective in removing the most penetrating particle size of 0.3 micron. It is even more efficient at removing both smaller and larger particles from the air.
All AirBox products are backed with a lifetime warranty on materials and craftsmanship as well as a 5 year warranty of the Fan & Motor Package inclusive of electrical circuitry.Want to learn more about how to keep your classroom safe? ASHRAE has developed a number of checklists to help schools and universities prepare for re-opening. Let AirBox’s team of experts design a Safe Air Plan that fits your school’s IAQ needs.
For more information about or to inquire about Airbox Air Purifier’s products or services, visit www.airboxairpurifier.com or call (855) 927-1386.